Thursday, January 17, 2008

Losing my sleep over my country

Last night i didnt' get to sleep at all. No. I tried but it was just a waste of time. It's difficult to sleep at such times. Not with that image of an unarmed protester shot in cold blood that was aired on KTN news replaying itself on my mind. Why are Kenyans not being allowed to protest? Clearly, KTN showed images of a peaceful demo in Eldoret town earlier, and all hell broke loose as soon as the GSU arrived. In Central province, processions and prayers were held and nobody was arrested or dispersed for unlawful assembly. There were no deaths, and no casualties. But why, oh why is this 'law' on public gatherings being given double standards? Why cant ODM supporters be left to demonstrate! Is it not a human right? Ordinary Kenyans like me have nothing else to do. I cannot attempt to demonstrate because i cannot run faster than the police. No body wants to hear my voice. I can only pray, and ask my fellow muslims to invoke the 'halbadiri'. I hope one person will drop down dead as a result of my prayers. That person is one 'Kemilio'. As Ali Kiba sings in his hit song "cinderella" 'Hakuna aujuaye rangi ya Kinyonga ila yeye na muumba..." for now "rangi ya Kemilio ni nyekundu...imepakwa na damu ya wakenya".


1 comment:

EASTLANDAH:....The want-away said...

strong sentiments over there. I feel you. Hoping things will normalise soon, and we shall live once more like we was before.